- Pregnant or nursing
- Undergoing Chemotherapy (Consult with you doctor)
- Viral infections (diseases)
- Had Botox within a 2 week period of appointment
- Had an organ transplant
- Sick with a cold or flu-like virus
- Used Accutane in the past 6 months.
MICROPIGMENTATION IS NOT FOR CLIENTS WHO ARE:
- Stop using any skin thinners (Vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the brow area 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Any waxing or brow shaping should be done at least 2 days before.
- If you tint your brows, tint it at least one week prior to the procedure.
- Cosmetic botox or fillers should be done 2 weeks prior or 2 weeks after.
- DO NOT consume alcohol, caffeine or take any blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, Niacin 48 hours before your procedure, this will cause excess bleeding and may affect your results).
- You may come in with how you normally draw in your brows so I can see what you are used to. This is especially important for clients who desire a specific brow shape. If you are open to suggestions, I am happy to help design a custom brow to personally suit you.
- You may experience hypersensitivity and more pain around or during your menstrual cycle.
- We will not be able to tattoo over any blemishes, sores, and moles in or around the brow area.
EYEBROW AFTER CARE :
After care is crucial, it is very important to follow these instructions for the full 10 day healing period to ensure proper healing and color retention. Results will vary for all individuals and we can not guarantee your results.
- Use a gentle cleanser (lather it up in your hands) and wash your brows morning and night everyday for 7-10 days or until the flaking has stopped.
- Make sure you blot the completely dry with a clean towel after washing. Allow NO WATER to collect or sit in the brow area.
- Apply the ointment provided to your brows at night time only starting night 2. A very small amount (size of a piece of rice) to each brow with clean fingers.
- Oily skin types may be told to avoid ointment all together and allow a dry heal process for the 7-10 days.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- DO NOT expect your brow tattoos to heal perfectly after the first session. This can be a 2 step process. It takes time. BE PATIENT during your 10 day healing process your brows will change and appear different from day to day.
- Immediately after your procedure brows will appear darker and more defined and this will last up to 2 weeks . Your brow tattoo can appear more solid, hair strokes may seem to disappear and it may look wet and painted on.
- Around days 4-5 you will experience flaking and your brows may look dry. DO NOT PICK your brows, let any dryness fall off naturally. If flakes gets picked off prematurely missing hair stokes will result and cause patchy brows which can lead to scarring.
- Your brow tattoo will take up to 4 weeks to fully heal. When the flaking comes off the hair strokes may seem faint this is because a fresh layer of skin has healed over the brow tattoo. Give your brows a few weeks and the hair strokes will become clearer. Colour will continue to change on a daily basis until all healing is complete at the 4 week mark.
- You may experience itchiness in the brows after the 10 days for up to 2 months due to the healing process of the dermal layer.
- Not everyones hairstoke brows can heal clean and crisp. Hairstrokes for oilier skin types tend to heal more solid and powdery while drier skin types tend to heal more crisp and defined. Also for those who bleed more may tend to need more touchups as the blood pushes the pigment out while we tattoo.
THINGS NOT TO DO:
- DO NOT expose your brows to the sun during the healing process. UV Rays can alter the pigment of your tattoo. Following the first 10 days SPF is important for the longevity your micropigmentation.
- DO NOT sweat excessively for 10 days. Sweat contains salt and can infect and prematurely fade your brow tattoo. Salt in the sweat may also alter the colour of your tattoo. Moderate exercise is fine.
- DO NOT run direct water on your brow tattoo. This is especially important in the first few days, you do not want to wash out any pigment.
- DO NOT use Vaseline on your tattoo.
- DO NOT use any makeup, creams, exfoliants on the brows for 10 days.
- DO NOT go into sauna’s, pools, and steam rooms.
- DO NOT get massages or facials or skin treatments during the healing process.
- DO NOT go tanning and if you do cover your brow tattoo, UV rays can alter the colour of your tattoo.
- DO not use exfoliants, retinol acids, or AHA’s on the brow area. It will fade your tattoo prematurely.
- DO NOT use laser light therapy on your brow tattoo. This can darken, lighten, and distort the pigment.
Allow your brows a MINIMUM of 4 weeks to heal before booking a touch up. This gives you the time to decide if you do or do not need a touch up appointment. It’s takes a full 4 weeks for the colour to settle.
It is your responsibility to book your touch up appointments. Please keep the high demand in mind. If your tattoo comes back too faded additional charges may apply.
- Touch ups are typically done within the first 3 months after the initial appointment.
- This can be a 2 (and sometimes even 3) step process.
- The first session is used to build shape and gain symmetry.
- The second session is used to perfect the brows and add density.
- This is a process and some clients may need multiple sessions to achieve their desired result.
- Do not expect perfect results after the first session.
- Darker skin and oily skin women, permanent makeup will not look as bold or sharp compared to lighter, dryer skin type clients.
- Some client’s skin may have a harder time retaining pigment and may require additional sessions.
LONG TERM CARE:
THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF RESULTS as everyone’s result will vary due to skin type, lifestyle and the initial 10 day care and longterm care of your brow tattoo.
- Use at least SPF 50 to protect your brows, sun exposure will cause fading and can alter the color of your tattoo.
- Do not use chemical exfoliants on the brows, this will case the brows to fade faster.
- Do not do laser your brow area (IPL etc), some lasers may change the color of the ink.
- As the tattoo fades the strokes will get fainter and less defined.
- Maintenance is required to maintain desired results. Touchups are done on average every 9 – 24 months to maintain you brow tattoo.
- Hairstroke brows typically last 1-3 years.